Production Laborer / Worker
You will perform various duties on a crew to assist in setting up the form such as carry materials to the form and position these materials in the form, pouring concrete and finishing off the concrete in the form.
Pay Rate: $18.00 per hour
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Climbing up and down off of the form surface (usually about waist height).
- Carrying materials to the form to be used in setting up the form.
- Working with hand tools such as cut off saws, grinders, drills, etc.
- Knowledge/experience working with gas/acetylene torch.
- Operate Company Forklifts (Wells Concrete will train employees without Forklift experience).
- Experience working with concrete, pouring, leveling and finishing off concrete.
- Climbing up onto and down from trailer beds to stockpile material.
- Overhead crane-way operator experience (Wells Concrete will train employees without experience).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Physically able to lift, bend, stoop, climb (onto forms and trailer beds, approximately waist high).
- Have adequate knowledge of the English language to be able to read pour sheets and set up directions, and be able to communicate with other members of the crew.
- Be an authorized forklift operator or be capable of learning the skills of operating a forklift.
- Be experienced in operating overhead crane-ways (Wells Concrete will train employees without experience).
- Lift, carry materials weighing up to 50 lbs. frequently.
- Climb up and down from forms and trailer beds.
- Lifting up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Standing, walking constantly, climbing, kneeling, crouching frequently, balancing, stooping, crawling occasionally.
- High school diploma or GED
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- Moderate to high exposure to production environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.