Engineering Technician II (St. Cloud, MN)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
St Cloud, MN, USA
Compass Consultants Inc. has a 50-year history of providing leading-edge, professional engineering services and consulting for the telecommunications industry. Compass' Outside Plant Department provides utility construction management from oversight to detailed inspection.
This full-time position will be responsible for preparing detailed construction drawings, permits and related maps and specifications used in planning and the construction of outside plant construction projects.
We prefer the following skills and experience:
- Experience with or knowledge of creating construction sketches, determining design criteria, create layouts and create estimates
- Experience or knowledge of Locating & GPS collection equipment, processing software and procedures
- Experience or knowledge with industry codes and regulations, such as NEC Code, NESC safety standards, Telcordia Blue Book standards, RUS standards, etc.
- Experience or knowledge of assembling easements and permits
- Experience or knowledge of inspecting construction, verifying all specifications and regulations are met
- Experience or knowledge with inside building wiring
- Demonstrated to follow written and oral instructions
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of personalities
- Intermediate computer skills
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Valid driver's license with clear record
- Ability to work outside in a variety of weather conditions
- Overnight travel and/or extended travel is required
- AAS degree in telecommunication or CATV related field is a plus
Compass Consultants Inc. offers a competitive pay and full benefits.Apply today at www.trustcompass.com!